John Whitcroft Solicitor - Motorcycle Accidents

If you have been injured on your motorbike in an accident which was not your fault, you need the help of an experienced solicitor to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation to which you are entitled.  Where the accident was the fault of another driver, your claim will be against the other driver and their insurers.  If the other driver was uninsured, you will still have a claim against the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) under the Uninsured Driver’s Scheme and your legal costs will be recoverable from the MIB.  If the other driver drove off, either deliberately or possibly even unaware of your accident, so that you do not know who the other driver was, you will still have a claim against the MIB under their Untraced Driver’s Scheme. 

Motorbike Accident

I will help you to claim compensation for the following:

  1. Pain and suffering.
  2. Loss of wages, not just past loss of wages but also future loss of wages.  It is very important to appreciate the impact of an injury on your future loss of earnings.  I have taken over cases from earlier firms of solicitors where this aspect of the claim has been seriously undervalued. 
  3. Cost of repairs to your bike or the value of your bike where it has been written off.
  4. Medication costs.
  5. The cost of physiotherapy or any other treatment required. 
  6. Costs of any professional care required, both past and future. 
  7. Costs of care provided by family or friends even though you may not actually have paid them. 
  8. Loss of DIY skills where you can no longer carry out home decorating, gardening, servicing of your car or other activities which you must now pay someone else to carry out. 
  9. Loss of “congenial employment” where you have been obliged to give up your preferred employment. 
  10. Travel costs to hospitals, GPs, treatment centres.

The above headings of compensation are not the only headings of claim.  Basically any financial loss which you have suffered as a direct consequence of the accident can be included in the claim.  You should keep all your receipts where possible.  It is also helpful to open a diary specifically for the purpose of recording the number of visits you have paid to hospitals, your GP surgery and any other treatment centre with details of the approximate return mileage and any parking fees you have had to pay.  



  • No Win - No Fee
  • No middle men
  • All types of accidents
  • Free Helpline
    (0117) 922 7740
  • Easy parking/home visits possible