- The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain to you how I gather and use your personal information (“Data”), the lawful bases for processing the data and your rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) in relation to my processing your data.
- Should you have any concern or question regarding my processing your personal information (“Data”) please contact me, John Whitcroft. My contact details are as follows:
- Postal Address:John Whitcroft Solicitor
59 Queen Charlotte Street
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0117 922 7740
- The purpose of my processing your data is to advance or defend your claim or interest.
- The lawful basis for my processing your data is that it is necessary for the performance of my contract with you. In some instances, however, the lawful basis may be the legal obligation to comply with the law under statutory, legal or regulatory obligations. In other instances it may be based on my legitimate interest e.g. to enhance and improve my service unless your interest overrides this. In some instances it may be based on your express consent.
- In the course of acting for you I may need to obtain your data from various sources such as but not limited to: medical records from your treatment providers; earnings details and other information from your employers; information from your accountant and the Inland Revenue; in road traffic accident cases information from the police.
- To the extent that some of this data, such as health records, is special category data being more sensitive and requiring more protection, the lawful condition for processing this information is that it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- In the course of acting for you I may need to retain and share your data with other agents acting on your behalf such as but not limited to: medical agencies and medical experts; accountants; barristers; costs consultants and other specialist experts.
- I do not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- I retain your data throughout the duration of your claim or claim against you and for a period of seven years thereafter for professional indemnity insurance purposes.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) you have the rights set out here.
- Where consent is the basis on which I process your data you have the right to withdraw consent. In most instances the basis upon which I process your data is not consent but the obligation to fulfil the contract between us to advance or defend your claim or interest.
- I will ensure that all the information that you provide me is kept secure using appropriate technical and organisational measures. In the event of a personal data breach I will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where I am legally required to do so.
- You have the right to file a complaint about my processing your data to:
The Information Commissioners Office
- There is no automated decision making or profiling carried out by this firm other than by Google Analytics through the use of “Cookies”. See below.
- My website contains what is known as “Cookies” which gather information for Google Analytics in order to improve my website. Viewers are informed of the existence of the Cookies and are able to refuse their consent to the use of the Cookies. Please see my Cookies Policy on my website.