John Whitcroft Solicitor (Who I Am)
John Whitcroft Solicitor, a solicitor authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, is a “Controller” under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 and is responsible for processing your data.
My office address is:
59 Queen Charlotte Street
Bristol BS1 4HQ
John Whitcroft Solicitor is committed to keeping your information private.
- I will only collect and use your information where I have lawful ground and legitimate business reasons to do so.
- I will only use the information collected for the specific purpose agreed with you.
- I will not request more information than is required for the purpose I am collecting it.
- I will observe the rights granted to you under data protection and privacy laws.
- I will continue to review and assess the quality of my information.
- I will adhere to information retention policies relating to your personal information.
- I will ensure your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- I will update my records when you inform me that your details have changed.
- I will train my staff in their privacy responsibilities.
The Information I Process
To allow me to provide my services and to run my business, I collect and process various categories of personal and financial information throughout my relationship with you.
I obtain information from various sources, from the information you give me to information provided by third parties who provide services to you or me.
Whose Data Do I Hold
- Service suppliers
- Professional experts and Consultants
You have certain legal rights to control your information and the manner in which I process it. This includes:
- A right to be informed.
- A right to get access to your personal information.
- A right to rectification to correct inaccurate or update incomplete information.
- A right to erasure.
- A right to restrict processing.
- A right to withdraw your consent to the processing where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data.
- A right to receive your data in a portable format.
- A right to object to me processing your information for direct marketing or profiling.
In some cases, if you do not agree to the way I process your information, it may not be possible for me to continue to provide my services to you.
Communications About Your Case
- At any point in the future you change your contact details you should tell me promptly about those changes.
- I may monitor or record calls, emails or other communications in accordance with the applicable laws.
How Long I Keep Your Information
By providing you with my services I create records that contain your information.
The maximum length of time I keep your information is 7 years.
I will ensure that all the information that you provide me is kept secure using appropriate technical and organisational measures.
Where I outsource any processes I will ensure the supplier has appropriate security measure in place and will contractually require them to comply with these privacy principles.
Changes To The Way I Use Your Information
From time to time I may change the way I use your information. Where I believe you may not reasonably expect such a change I will notify you in advance for you to raise any objections.
Sharing With Third Parties
I will not share your information with anyone outside of this firm except:
- Where I have your permission.
- Where required for the provision of my service.
- Where I am required by law and to law enforcement agencies and judicial bodies.
- With third parties providing services to me and you, such as but not limited to medical agencies; medical experts; accountants; costs contultants and barristers.
Information Commissioner’s Office
You have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy about how I am using your information or how I have responded to your concerns.
Information Commissioner’s Office